Training to be a Dental Engineer can seem daunting; you’ll be fixing large pieces of equipment that are crucial to the successful running of a dental practice. You will need to get to know how parts work, where they go, what they do and how you can fix them as quickly and efficiently as possible whilst doing the job to a very high standard.
Dentist’s livelihoods depend on dental engineers being able to fix issues to get them back on their feet as soon as possible, so the ability to work well under pressure is also essential.
What Experience do you need?
Previous experience in dental engineering is preferable but not a necessity if you apply to work with a company who can train you, like us! We also carry out refurbishments and new fit-out projects
Our specialised Engineering Training Academy teaches dental engineers you all you need to know from the basics through to detailed information on some of the most popular and expensive dental equipment on the market.
Other experience you could have includes:
- Engineering experience in a different industry
- Work experience in an engineering capacity from university, school/college or a workplace.
What Qualifications do you Need?
- Diploma or university degree in engineering or a related subject.
- Experience in micro-electronics
- General DIY enthusiasm!
- A-C GCSE in English and Mathematics.
- If you do not have these qualifications, we recommend talking to the company you wish to work with and asking if your experience is enough for you to do the role/learn on the job.
What Personal Skills do you Need?
- Strong inter-personal skills including customer service, communication and teamwork.
- The ability to work well under pressure and in busy/potentially noisy environments.
- Problem solving skills. You may need to think on your feet for jobs that aren’t as simple as the seemed.
- Attention to detail
- Full UK Driving Licence (to get to your jobs!)
- Fluent in technical English, both written and spoken
- Ability to use basic computer programs like word, outlook, excel
How Can We Help Further Your Career?
Working with us you will undertake intense training in our very own Anglian Dental Engineering Training Academy.
Our expert team of engineers will take you through each item of dental equipment in detail in both classroom-style and in-the-field learning environments. You will shadow one of our experienced engineers while you learn and then, once both you and we’re happy that you’re ready, you’ll start to go out on jobs by yourself!
There are several specialty fields within dental engineering that you can choose to take, and specialise in with the needed training whether than 3D imaging, installation, servicing, project management or software programming.