DENTAL SURGERY DESIGN, FITOUT, & REFURBISHMENT
DENTAL INTERIOR DESIGN AND FITOUT – 3 KEY AREAS OF FOCUS FOR A SUPERIOR SURGERY LAYOUT
With 30 years of experience, our team of dental designers and dental architects, using our unique design process and our nationwide dental construction team, can revolutionise the way your dental practice operates. Enhancing the practice in terms of both Patient Experience (PX) and User (or staff) Experience (UX) is important so please find out more about each step of our design process. There are three key areas of our design and fitout process that are then broken into individual stages to help our customers to have a clear road map that takes them from concept to reality. From providing reception design ideas, through to your surgery layout ergonomics and dental equipment, we have you covered from every angle. In addition to managing dental design and build projects, we also offer a full dental surgery refurbishment service.
Our workspace planning service lays the foundation for our design service by getting to the heart of the way you want to work. A dental architect understands the nuances of dental architecture. Our Dental Architects allow us to present the perfect experience from beginning to end.
We will take the time to understand the location and function of each surgery, the ‘patient journey’ and your needs in terms of access, dental surgery layout ergonomics, lighting, storage, mechanics, electrics and more. We will also analyse how you use your current space and identify areas for improvement.
We will help with creating brand new practices, refurbishments and individual surgeries. We bring the same insight and attention to detail to every project.
We have been designing dental surgeries and dental interiors for 30 years. Working from your own workspace needs and aesthetic preferences, we will develop a design that suits the way you work – and your personality too.
The interior design of your dental surgery creates the first and lasting impression with patients. It expresses your individuality as a professional and helps to put patients at their ease. And you can use it to create whatever atmosphere you want, from calm and traditional through to fresh and modern.
We design surgeries from the mouth-out, not from the walls-in.
A project well planned is half-done!. For complex assignments, efficient project management and effective liaison between all parties involved is essential.
We will take on the stress of your project, saving you time and delivering peace of mind. We appreciate that every day of surgery downtime is expensive, so we aim to minimise disruption as much as possible.
We have extensive insight into the optimum solutions to technical issues related to plant and equipment services, as well as in-depth industry knowledge of specialist companies who can add value to your project and ensure success.
THE 7 STAGE OYSTER PROCESS FOR THE BEST POSSIBLE DESIGN AND FIT-OUT OF YOUR DENTAL SURGERY:
STAGE ONE – SPATIAL PLANNING AND ROOM LAYOUTS
- Detailed analysis of premises and consideration for client needs, ideas and business goals. Consideration for patient, dentist and nurse flow through the practice.
- Consideration of dental surgery layout ergonomics for comfort and efficiency with a dental architect.
- Professional measured survey by a specialist surveyor.
- Preparation of sketch floor plans using Computer Aided Design software (CAD), scaled 1:50, showing proposed and conceptual layout plans.
- Site visit by a dental design consultant for discussions about proposed designs including consideration for patient flow, fire regulations, DDA compliance and HTM01-05 compliance.
- Refining and rework of sketch proposal.
STAGE TWO – BUILDING REGULATIONS
- The drawings will consist of site plan, location plan, general arrangement plans with all basic construction information and layout of fire alarm, generic finishes (e.g. painted wall but not specification of colour etc.)
- Preparation of access statement including liaison with building inspector and submitting drawings and forms.
- Liasion with an approved building inspector.
STAGE THREE – DETAILED DRAWINGS
Liaison with external consultants (plumber, electrician, HVAC suppliers, contractor etc.) We would prepare a full set of manufacturing drawings ready for production of all the fixed furniture items (reception desk, storage etc). We will also further update the general arrangement plans to show the integration of detailed design elements, lighting, and HVAC.
Include production of room service drawings detailing required positions for all chair and cabinetry services needed for the building contractors to start work. Plumbing runs for suction pipework and compressor pipework given consideration. Plant housing, like suction pump and compressor assessed with the client and located in optimum position. All services are designed to be ‘future proofed’ to facilitate changing requirements with technological advances.
STAGE FOUR – BRANDING, GRAPHIC AND INTERIOR DESIGN
Preparation of a new brand identity, colour scheme and artwork for window vinyl and internal promotional graphics. Design production for new shop front signage.
Detailed interior design discussions with the client about colour schemes and practice branding to ensure an in-depth understanding of the patient experience to be achieved.
Includes coloured 3D perspective visuals to show materials and finishes. Sample boards of all finishes. Updating general arrangement drawings and elevations with finishes chosen.
STAGE FIVE – PROJECT INITIATION
- Design Review
- Choices Finalised
- Scheduling and site details agreed to ensure minimum disruption.
- Notify building control and HSE as required.
- Construction Design Management (CDM) documentation and procedures put in place.
STAGE SIX – INSTALLATION
- Site work commences – construction, plumbing, electrics, flooring, HVAC, decorations.
- Cabinetry installation planned and carried out.
- Dental equipment installation planned and carried out.
- Regular site meetings held to keep the project running to plan.
STAGE SEVEN – PROJECT HANDOVER AND TRAINING
- Equipment cleaning and maintenance sessions.
- Operations and maintenance manual produced.
- Cabinetry and equipment tweaks as required.
- Equipment installation certificates
EXPLORE EXAMPLES OF OUR WORK
DR RAJ RATTAN
DENTAL RECEPTION DESIGN IDEAS
Are you looking for design ideas for your dental reception area? Below are a few images of designs from some of our reception area refurbishments completed to date, to give you some inspiration. This is by no means a comprehensive gallary of our work, but rather a sample of the reception designs we have completed. Following an initial design consultation, we can provide a 3D visuals help you to understand the concepts we come up with. Contact Us today for fully costed dental reception area layout ideas.
DENTAL SURGERY DESIGN PICTURES
Are you looking for inpiration for your surgery design? Below are a few of the projects that Anglian Dental have completed. From ultra sterile white designs to warm, comforting wood tone and ivory designs and even modern, energetic designs with bright colours, the design team at Anglian await to turn your ideas, dreams, and desires into reality. Our design team can help you bring your professional image to life before completion as well with 3D renders and concept drawings allowing you to visualise design, form and function before building or renovation starts! Contact Us today to get started.